Using the high cost of car rental, the price is oftentimes no longer worth the convenience. Sure, the rising price of gasoline at the pump has something to do with high car rental fees. But what most of us don’t realize is that most of what’s in your leasing bill is due to hidden charges. These charges can actually contribute to half of the actual charge for your bill.
Most rental car agencies won’t tell you this, several of those hidden charges are optional. You can save money by having them taken out in your car rental bill. We’ll explain to you what these hidden charges are, what they mean, and how you can talk your way out of them.
* Airport terminal taxes and surcharges is what carrental agencies charge you extra for the convenience of picking up your rental car at the airport. This extra service can actually total 10% of your total bill. The main reason they charge you more when you want your vehicle bought to the airport is because of taxes and concession fees. Car rental organizations have to pay concession fees to the airport terminal management every time they bring accommodations to the airport. The agency also has to pay business taxes to the local government for doing business at the airport.
The majority of airports and some rental companies possess free shuttle service with fixed routes. To remove this hidden charge from your car rental bill, take advantage of this free service and just have your car dropped off at a location away from the airport.
In case you beloved this informative article and also you wish to be given more info relating to Car Rental Larnaca generously go to our webpage.
That way, the car leasing reduces cost and you don’t get charged extra for their service.
* Collision Damage or Loss Damage Waiver is the extra $10-$25 you have to spend per day in order to avoid liability for any harm on your rental car, provided that the damage wasn’t caused by gross negligence.
Most auto insurance and credit card insurance cover rental cars as part of their standard coverage. Check if your insurance company covers rental cars and if they are doing, have the Loss Damage Waiver removed. You’re just wasting money in case you are paying for collision damage on top of your regular insurance.
* At first glance, gasoline fees seem like a great idea. Imagine getting your car hire with a full tank. You don’t need to stop by gas stations along the way and you can return the car with an empty tank if you want to.
Nevertheless , most car renters can’t completely consume a full tank of gas. You won’t get a refund if you don’t consume all your gas but you could get fines added up to your bill. Is actually still cheaper to gas up your own rental car you only have to pay for that amount of fuel that you need.
* If you drop of your rental car at a various location from where you picked up, you may get charged with a drop-off fee. Drop-off fees vary from state to mention. Some states don’t have drop-off fees while some have fees that can go as high as $1000.
So as much as possible, return your car at its unique pick-up point. If it’s not possible to come back your car back in the same place, search for drop-off places where the fee is usually minimal.
* The early return charge is something that car rental agencies charge you when you return your car too early. A vehicle rental company can charge you $10-$15 per day for early returns. And when that’s not enough, they’ll also swap out your rental rates. Instead of charging a person their weekly rate, they’ll charge you their daily rate. Not only do you have to pay for your early return fees, you have to pay for that rate difference too. In order to save yourself from having to pay hundreds of dollars in fees, make sure you return your rental car on the specific date stated in your policy.
Most of the hidden charges that car rental companies add to your bill are due to penalties for breaking your rental policy. This is why you should read and understand your rental policy prior to signing the contract. Ask your vehicle rental company to make sure you have everything covered in your contract. By knowing everything there is to know about your plan, you’ll be able to avoid any penalties and keep your car rental costs at a minimum.
Rent a Car Larnaca | Car Rental Larnaca | We, at CosmosCarRental.com ensure that each and every customer is kept happy. There are NO hidden costs.